While the 'cx season in Michigan has drawn to a close for 2015, stay tuned both here and on the Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/AlmaGrandPrixOfCyclocross) for short track racing at the Alma 'cx venue as well as updates on the 9/12/2015 Alma GP! Don't forget to follow @TheAlmaGP on Twitter as well.
Short track racing will most likely start in May-ish on weeknights. If you did the Ithaca STXC races from a few years back it'll be in a similar format.
Keep posted for sponsorship updates throughout the year and I'll see you in 2015! If you have any questions or are interested in sponsorship information, please feel free to e-mail me, racepromoter @at@at@at gmail.com.
Come join us for a fun few laps on Saturday, December 6th, at 1:00 p.m. Food and beer following at the Alma Brewing Company, and anyone that rides gets $1 off pints.
If you're able to make it, please consider bringing a canned good, a
non-perishable food item, or a personal item (toothbrush, toothpaste,
laundry detergent, etc.) that we can collect and give to the local
Salvation Army. This is just one tiny way we can say thanks to the
community for letting us have such an awesome 'cx playground!
Put this in your calendar right now... First Saturday after Labor day. Planning is already underway for an even bigger, better, and more 'cx-full event on:
Saturday, September 12, 2015
The Alma GP is currently accepting sponsorship commitments for 2015. Information on how to partner with arguably the most visible 'cx race in the state is available by e-mailing overexcited race promoter JB Hancock (racepromoter at gmail dot com).
If you could please complete this brief 10-question post-event survey
about your experience at this year's race, I would greatly appreciate
it! In promoting this and the Ithaca GP previously, my goal is to create
a value-oriented, fun event for racers and spectators. Your feedback
helps this process and is truly valued:
Again, THANK YOU for supporting the Alma GP, and I hope to see you next year!
p.s. REMEMBER, please support the sponsors that support the Alma GP! If
you won something and think it's awesome, please let those sponsors
know. This goes a long way in continuing the relationships and sponsor
support for this event!
Pre-registration for the Alma GP on Saturday, 9/6, is now closed, but don't worry! You are still able to register either on race day or at the Alma Brewing Company from 6-8 p.m. on Friday 9/5.
Registration is $30 for your first race and $10 for any additional races. You must have either an annual USA Cycling license or purchase a one-day license ($15). That being said, I still have 15 coupons that you can use thanks to Seals, Tacia, Bartz, Zainea, & Whitmore Optometry to offset the one-day license fee if you don't have one! Just ask at registration - if we have a freebie coupon left, you're welcome to use it!
You might ask yourself, why the heck would I pay $30 to race my bike in Alma? Well here's why:
1) This course is NEW and unlike anything you've seen in Michigan
2) Swag just for entering includes a custom Alma College / Alma GP water bottle from Specialized, XTREME chain lube from ProGold Lubricants, socks or tire levers from Cannondale, Hammer Gel, and for those of you that pick up your bag fairly early, a sweet custom Alma GP coozie from TP Logos!
3) Just by entering you get a raffle ticket good to win awesome swag from our sponsors, including (but seriously, this is about a tenth of the list...): a set of Velocity USA wheels of your choice, a Kuat Rack of your choice, Wolf Tooth single ring/bolts, Heed, Cannondale socks, an Ass Saver, swag from ProGold Lubricants, Camrats from Backcountry Research, NiteRider lights, and Bondi Bands just to name a few.
4) The atmosphere of the Alma GP is truly a FUN place to come watch a few bike races
5) Portable bathrooms are on site...come on, taking care of details is priority #1
6) Milk products from the United Dairy Industry of Michigan for all racers
7) Concession on hand! Ice cream, hot dogs, etc. They are a local business. It's awesome.
8) Corset Shop Intimates is setting up a display of their athletic / active wear in the registration tent
9) Swag from Eclipse Cycling (1st place), Pace Sportswear (2nd place), Corset Shop Intimates (3rd place), The Sufferfest (4th place), and Ass Savers (5th place) delivered to the podium finishers in what are undoubtedly the greatest awards ceremonies outside of the World Championships
10) Seriously, it's going to be a blast. You owe it to yourself to see what this is all about!
So far 141 racers are pre-registered and the weather is looking like it'll be great for racing 'cross. The course is in FANTASTIC shape right now. All of the rain we've had recently might play a part in creating some pretty technical lines through the two Superprestige sections of the course... Hold onto your hats when you hit those.
The Velocity USA stairs are now painted and ready to go as well! Course crossings are marked so you will be able to easily move about the venue without trudging through the weeds. That being said, the walking paths we've created are still very weedy - I'd recommend shoes and pants on race day.
If you have ANY questions between now and 9/6 shoot me an e-mail! (racepromoter at gmail dot com) Remember, t-shirts ($15) and pint glasses ($5) are available but in limited supply!
Hope to see you on Friday and/or Saturday...and remember,
SUPPORT THE SPONSORS THAT SUPPORT THE ALMA GRAND PRIX!